3.30.2009

Buttercup Bag

Buttercup Bag

I made a new spring bag. The pattern is a free design by Rae. Part of me frets that my fabric is too loud or tropical. Too orange, maybe. But it's cute and happy and springy, and I'll stick with it for a bit. I could use to be more brave in a bold direction. Isn't that true for most of us?

Buttercup Bag

In an attempt to feel more grown up I once purchased a $100 purse. Apparently there's some unspoken social code where you're judged upon having a good purse and a good haircut, and I thought I'd try it. Well thbbbbbbbttt. I've since decided I don't care, and that's that.

Buttercup Bag

Speaking of bold fabric, that outrageous striped lining is actually a vintage sheet, originally destined to become wedding napkins. As there will be no shortage of strong color there, I might as well get comfortable with it now. Bring on the spring!

No comments: