1.14.2009

Randy and Helen

About this time last year I made a whole slew of wedding invitations for our friends, Randy and Helen. They just got married on the 3rd in Hawaii, and I realized I never showed you the invitations!

Randy + Helen's Wedding Invitation

We were working with a "pikake and pearls" theme. Pikake flowers grow in Hawaii, where Randy is from. I've never been to Hawaii or seen pikake flowers, but I hear they smell amazing! So Helen drew the pikakes, and we added tiny stick-on pearls at the flowers' centers. The stripe is this awesome fuzzy flocked paper we found at the Paper Source. All in all there was a lot of gocco-ing, a whole lot of cutting, and a ridiculous amount of pasting involved in putting these together. But I love the way they turned out!!

Randy + Helen

And now, the most recent news. Randy and Helen play with Waitiki, a group described as "classic exotica and tiki for modern listeners." Go, check it out. They're pretty fantastic. I actually recorded a piece with them a couple of months ago in which I got to portray an octopus. On my horn. Yeah, it was awfully cool. I'll be sure to post a link when the recording comes out. Anyway, they recorded an album to give as favors to their guests. (That must be the coolest wedding favor idea I've ever heard of.) And our collaborative invitation design became the CD sleeve!!

Wedding Album

Wow! Yep, I'm pleased as punch. And many congrats to the newly weds!!!!

1 comment:

Randy said...

Thanks for posting these pictures, Kristen, and for linking to the WAITIKI website!! You did a wonderful job with everything!