3.28.2009

Weekend

I made bagels again this morning. Nearly 3 dozen, stashed in the freezer. Sesame seed, spinach, and sun dried tomato. Holy cow, the sun dried tomato are better than I expected! These are so easy to make, and they're way softer and tastier than store bought bagels. Please, please consider making a batch. You'll be glad you did.

Sesame Seed Bagels

Spinach Bagels

Sun Dried Tomato Bagels

(I sprinkled the sun dried tomato bagels with nutritional yeast. If we weren't vegan I might have used parmesan cheese. Nutritional yeast kind of works in its place. Yes, it looks like fish food. We're ok with that around here because it's wicked tasty.)

Also, I'm working on #14 from my list. This is the first one. I'm trying to convince myself to finish the pair before I move on to my next knitting project. Fred says it's an exercise in patience, and I say I'm running out!

Hedgerow Socks

And finally, my amaryllis from last year bloomed again! We left it in the basement all fall, which I hear is what you're supposed to do with an amaryllis. I wish all plants were so forgiving.

Amaryllis

I have to run off and play a concert this evening. I hope you're all having a good weekend!

No comments: