12.16.2007

Knock knock

Anybody there? Oh hi, it's me. Yowzers, it's been over a month. So here's my plan. I'd like to post once a day from now till Christmas. I'm going to subject you to whatever pictures I can squeeze out of my day, whatever updates and meanderings I find to blog about. I like the idea of getting some practice with my camera, and I love checking in on other blogs that update often. After that, we'll see where this takes us. Bear with me, folks.

In the meantime, let's gloss over the past few weeks, shall we? Fred and I did indeed make it up to visit my sister over Thanksgiving, despite a persistent ice storm. It was quite beautiful, once we got off the road.

Rose Hips

Then, speaking of ice storms, we battled another one this past week on our way out to visit my alma mater. I haven't been back since I left, and being there again was awesome. Gosh, I miss that place.

ESM

And for as much as I enjoy Boston, I've never found a coffee house quite like the one we frequented in Rochester.

Java's

I don't even want to tell you how much time I spent there during those 4 years. It hasn't changed a bit, thank goodness. Check out the painting up there, the woman with the red tights. I've wanted that painting for years. Alas, she's not for sale.

But enough of my nostalgia! Christmas is coming! That means homemade ornaments...

Ornaments

Wicked dark chocolate...

Chocolate

And handmade peppermint patties!

Peppermint Patties

Yeah, those guys are crazy good. Who knew that you could make peppermint patties with only 5 ingredients? I have this strange concept of certain foods, where I don't really perceive of them as having existed before they came in mass produced, individually wrapped sizes. Peppermint patties fall in that category, as do granola bars, cough drops, veggie burgers, and marshmallows. I mean, really, who came up with these things? But I am here to tell you that peppermint patties can be made with 5 ingredients, and not a single preservative. Love that. And just to tick another item off that list, tune in tomorrow for my expo on marshmallows! Thanks for stopping in, and have a good night!

No comments: